May 19th is Global Accessibility Awareness Day
At Aurora Design and Consulting, our mission is to make the world a more accessible place for people of all abilities. We recognize and celebrate Global Accessibility Awareness Day, and hope to use this day as an opportunity to educate our clients and the community about the importance of accessibility in all that we do.
Accessibility, first and foremost, is about inclusion. By making technology accessible, we are opening up opportunities for people of all abilities and backgrounds. Here are some things that you can do to contribute to a more accessible world:
Tips for Accessibility Awareness Day
- Check your website for accessibility using Web-AIM’s Wave Accessibility Evaluation Tool.
- Develop an accessibility plan for your organization. Check out our conformance planning services for more information
- Provide captions and a media alternative for prerecorded video and multimedia content. If you need help with captioning, please check out our video captioning services.
- Test your documents with built-in accessibility checkers, and address any accessibility errors:
- Get accessibility training to build capacity and expertise within your organization.
- Get direct support to help ease the transition to accessibility compliance.
Aurora is committed to helping you achieve your accessibility compliance goals. We offer website accessibility audits, accessibility training, direct support, video captioning and other services to help raise awareness and build organizational capacity for accessibility.
If you have questions about website accessibility, or need help planning for accessibility compliance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Need help implementing an accessibility conformance plan? Request a quote today.