Identify Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 compliance errors to achieve your accessibility conformance goals.
Aurora provides Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 compliance testing services to help government agencies, businesses, and non-profit organizations achieve compliance with accessibility laws and the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0).
We employ a proprietary process that aligns with the World Wide Web Consortium’s Website Accessibility Conformance Evaluation Methodology (WCAG-EM).
Automated accessibility testing to identify and document HTML/CSS syntax errors and WCAG 2.0 failures. At Aurora, we employ a battery of automated assessment tools including:
- HTML/CSS Validators – automated validators developed by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) to identify HTML and CSS syntax errors that might impact accessibility.
- Wave Evaluation Tool – automated accessibility scanner developed by WebAIM to identify WCAG 2.0 failures, and potential accessibility contrast problems requiring further investigation.
- AChecker – automated accessibility evaluation tool to identify WCAG 2.0 failures.
Manual accessibility testing (including tests with a screen reader) to identify accessibility barriers that automated tools might miss. At Aurora, we use the following tools to evaluate the accessibility of your website:
- NVDA screen reader – free text-to speech synthesizer developed by NV Access. At Aurora, we use NVDA screen reader to evaluate the compatibility of your website with assistive technology devices.
- Chrome DevTools – developer toolbox created by Google to allow developers to inspect and troubleshoot web page code. Our accessibility engineers use Google Chrome and Chrome Developer Tools to identify and inspect and confirm accessibility errors in web page coding.
Usability testing by assistive technology users is critical to identify and document real world accessibility barriers that automated accessibility evaluation tools might miss. At Aurora, we recommend employing independent third-party evaluators to complete the usability review, and report any accessibility or usability problems in a website usability evaluation survey.
Real-Time Reporting of Accessibility Errors
Throughout the evaluation process, you’ll receive real-time updates of accessibility test results. Our website accessibility evaluators will share results from automated and manual accessibility tests using Google Spreadsheets, and document any accessibility failures for further analysis.
Automated and Manual Accessibility reports include:
- Pass/fail grade for each test and web page
- Summary of WCAG 2.0 failures by page
- Reviewer notes for further analysis
Accessibility errors identified during the evaluation process are fully documented for repair and remediation. Websites that pass all accessibility tests may receive a Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 compliance certification.
Get Started Today
Take the first step to achieving your accessibility conformance goals, with our Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 Compliance Testing services. Request a quote today.